19.08.2007

in the meantime…

It's been long, long, long since I last wrote in this blog. I could not bring myself to write anything in the meantime because my life felt so much in between things, with no certainty how exactly I would end up. So I did not write anything because it felt like anything I could possibly write would be obsolete the next moment.
Meanwhile, I have been quite well and have been enjoying this world. I spent an interesting and rewarding (while emotionally exhausting) two weeks in Lodz (in central Poland) cleaning out the weeds between crumbling graves and fallen gravestones at the Jewish cemetery, learning about Judaism and the history of the German persecution of Jews (in the infamous Litzmannstadt-Ghetto) and Poles alike. Then I spent a wonderful week in the old cities of Wroclaw (Breslau) and Jelenia Gora (Hirschberge) at the foot of the Riesengebirge mountains. There will be many reasons to return to Silesia.
For the past week or so I have joined forces with my future landlord and roommate in order to get my new apartment renovated as quickly as possible. Which for me is not nearly soon enough! I will move to Dunckerstraße in Berlin/Prenzlauer Berg. Actually I will move within the same block my mother lives in. While she lives on 4th floor in the second remise building, I will move into 1st floor in the building facing the street. The apartment is spacious and warm and welcoming, and I will be happy to welcome you there!
I will move into the apartment over the coming week.
Future plans? Again and as always: nothing certain.
I would much like to go to Rabat/Morocco in September if I can find an affordable flight, would like to get to Austria for a couple of days at least, and do some little tours around Eastern Germany with my father.

While I have not been writing, I have been taking some photos. Have a look at them and you will see what I have seen!

in the meantime…

Keine Kommentare:






Absurdistan Travels



On the map above you can see where I have been, where I am and where I intend to go.
I will keep this map updated.
Alternatively you can have a look at and subscribe to my calendar by clicking on the button below.